Friday, August 29, 2008

Emmett


A pencil drawing ! Something I don't do very often but will try to do more of because I really love it. This is "Emmett, like you've never seen him", a drawing on some very cool recycled paper that can take a lot of abuse. Thank God because I  am so out of practice with a pencil that I surely needed my eraser!
Emmett is a kid's kid, but he was pretty sedate when he first came to my studio. He was quite apprehensive at first, as you can see in the drawing, but after half an hour he was back to his ol' self!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great drawing! If you are out of practice, it is not evident here!

I really like how you kept the shading and detail to the most important parts.

Barbara Pask said...

What a precious face. Love those full lips. Will you paint him?

Sylvia Jenstad said...

What a beautiful face... love those eyes...

michelle said...

This is a truly lovely drawing. I can almost feel the tension in his little body.

maiapearl said...

beautiful! you really captured emmett in this one sandra, its wonderful. I'm coming home on friday to visit frenchtown for the holidays hopefully i'll get to see you :]. hope all is well!peace&much love-maia