Thursday, August 6, 2009

Top Hat , a Dreamer and time to Surrender

This piece is "Surrender ",  20"x 20" oil on linen. It is based on a musician I knew at what seems like a  lifetime ago. It was at the point when he finally decided to let the dream go. He never did become that "star" but I hear through the grapevine that he invented some board game and made a ton of money. Go figure!

This piece "Dreamer" is pencil on mylar mounted on a board with an oil color wash. Well the title says it all.


Here is a small painting from a series of pieces I am working on involving a top hat. This piece is 8"x8"  oil on linen and is titled of course,  Top Hat. 

16 comments:

Tina said...

WONDERFUL - all three are r-i-g-h-t up my alley.

sandra flood said...

Well thanks so much Tina! I enjoy your work too.

Don Coker said...

Sandra, this is gorgeous! I love the color.

www.doncokerart.com/blog

sandra flood said...

Thanks Don!

Dani Brandimarte said...

I could look at your paintings all day long. These are stunning, expressive, and so you. Are any of these going to Wally's? I'd love to see them in person.

sandra flood said...

Hi Dani!! How are you?
Thanks so much!
Yes I am going to send them to Wally's next week when they dry a bit more. I have more coming!

Alberto Abril said...

I love your painting, you have an unusual delicacy, congratulations!

Alan Rushing said...

These are so nice, I especially like the middle one.

Leslie Sealey said...

I really like "Dreamer"; it's a very sensitive drawing and I'm glad you didn't finish it out any further. Perfect as-is! : )

Anonymous said...

Being a big fan of drawing, my fave of these is "Dreamer." I love the look the oil wash gave. Beautiful. Thanks for posting it.

Manorhousefineart said...

Sandra...reminds me of that famous piece called the SCREEM!! same atmospheric presence...super.


Sandra, check out my realism and please comment..i do like to hear what people think..

JOHN ALLSOPP

sandra flood said...

Thanks all! I am working non stop for a show so right now I don't get to respond as often as I'd like.

Diana Moses Botkin said...

"Surrender" is a favorite. The arm gestures and facial expression make this an interesting story.

sandra flood said...

Thanks Diana!
That piece is my favorite too. The photo does not do it justice. The original is much more striking.

Nick said...

firing on all cylinders as always, beyond critique as always

Marcos Mateu said...

Nice stuff. The top one is beautiful.